Youth (6th-12th grade)
Hurstbourne Christian Church loves the youth! We offer a variety of opportunities for our youth.
- Sunday School is offered for youth 6th-12th grade at 9:30am. During this time, the youth spend time in discussion and fellowship. We begin each week “checking in.” This is a time that the youth share the “highs and lows” of their week and information on upcoming youth activities. We then spend time together in faith discussion. We are currently discussing The Bible, its origins, and our beliefs about what the scriptures tell us.
- Monthly Youth Outings – Each month the youth gather after church for a fun activity. In the past, we have gone bowling, ice skating and played messy games at the church. Join us for this fun fellowship opportunity.
- Lock-Ins – Have you ever wanted to stay the night at the church? Lock-ins occur periodically throughout the year for our youth. We play games, watch movies and have a fun time together. Stay tuned for the next lock-in.
- Ski Trip– Every year our youth group spends the day at Perfect North Ski Slopes. We have a lot of fun skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing together.
- Mission Trip- Yearly mission trips provide youth the opportunity to put their faith into action and learn the importance of helping others while experiencing new places and building relationships with one another. Our youth have traveled to Chicago, Hazard, KY;
- Summer Camp-Each summer, the Christian Church in Kentucky offers age-appropriate camps for elementary age children and youth. The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) operates two campsites in Kentucky, Camp Wakon Da-Ho and Camp Kum Ba Yah. Each campsite offers camping options for youth and children of all ages. Click here for more information on our camps.
- CYF Seminar- A mobile classroom experience offered to high school students through the Christian Church in Kentucky. The group travels to Washington DC and New York City to experience different cultures, new adventures, and learn about religious pluralism in our country. DATES: June 16-23, 2015.
- Holiday World- Each summer our youth spend the day at Holiday World. Splash in the water park, conquer your fears on roller-coasters, and look forward to having a great day with your friends. The youth will be going this year on June 25. Contact Rev. Emily Allen for more details.